28 April 2011

TEN BENEFITS of the Present Fiscal Crisis

I am, by nature, pretty optimistic. I am naturally a happy person. I have dealt on and off over the years with depression but for the most part, those around me will tell you I keep my head above water most of the time and can rationally figure out how to maneuver in the roughest of waters!

But I’m pretty realistic and certainly not one who blindly believes everything is going to be fine. I am certainly not one who fiddles while Rome burns either (cough- Obama). I know people are suffering, and the pastoral part of me hates to see this happening to those around me! That's why our team created the seminar series www.DebtFreeMeSeminars.com To help those who feel lost in debt and overwhelmed by financial concerns. More recently, we began a fund and coordinated support and relief for hundreds of families who's lives were destroyed by a tornado in southern Oklahoma (please give generously to www.TushkaRelief.com).

Here is what fiscal crises' and personal financial tragedies do that are actually a "positive" and make you both survive, and, thrive in these challenging times. On to the Ten Benefits:

* It causes you to be more creative.
* It forces you to make the tough decisions you have been procrastinating about.
* It thins out the competition- weak willed and poor management teams crack in this environment.
* It makes you more grateful when you realize you can’t take anything for granted.
* It reminds you that real wealth isn’t about only "stuff".
* It forces out-of-the-box thinking- although true success is always birthed outside the norm!!
* It makes it easier to abandon business-as-usual.
* It brings you back to the basics.
* It accelerates necessary change.
* It causes you to be less wasteful.

While you may not feel like you are able to control what happens with the economy (although I think we really can- watch out for my new book with Tarik El-Naggar), you can control your own mental focus. Usually, this determines whether you feel anxiety and fear or peace and hope. It's okay to fear some, don't feel guilty. Just don't let it last!! But know your heavenly Father is with you and says for you to fear not... for He is with us! He really is... I know because I have been in fear and worry and I am still standing, by G-d's Grace, and FAVOR from His Children shown to me.

Get strong. Get prayed up. Get creative. And when you are in need, find someone who is, too, and give. Your help is on it's way!!

No comments: